Andrés F. RomeroPosition: Data Editor - La Jolla Headquarters
Data Collection & Database Program
- Responsible for organizing, reviewing, editing and analyzing the information collected by observers onboard purse-seine fishing vessels.
- Assistance in keeping the databases of the Ecosystem and Bycatch Program up to date.
- Assistance in management of observer’s safety gear.
- M.Sc. CICIMAR, La Paz, Baja California, México, 2013.
- B.Sc. in Marine Biology, Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Ecuador, 2006.
Originally from Ecuador, Andrés Romero joined the La Jolla staff in 2016 to work as a Data Editor under the Data collection and Database Program. He is responsible for several tasks related to organizing, reviewing, editing and analyzing the information collected by the purse seine Observer Program and the Length Frequency Port Sampling Program. Andrés also collaborates and assists with the updating of the databases of the Ecosystem and Bycatch Program. He helps with the management of the Observer Program safety gear as well as the IATTC-WCPFC Cross-Endorsement of Observers onboard purse-seine vessels that may fish in both the Western and Eastern Pacific Ocean.